Custom lid for leech tank

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I got the lid made and it lays flush on the inside lip of the rim of the tank but one issue I ran into is there’s this little rectangular but that pokes up in the back right corner so I had to use a drill and file to make it fit nice and flush. Drilled a hole in the other corner for the air tube to the filter and my dad bent some old copper tubing to make a little handle that we drilled to it too. My only problem left is the lights, in the original lid there’s a plastic bit that the light pops into and gets held in place but with an acrylic sheet I don’t have that. Me and my dad both have different ideas but not sure which will be better. My dad thinks to just tape the lights to the lid outside the tank on top while my idea is to sand paper the bottom of the lights and lay some silicone or some type of sticky tac to keep the light in place inside of the tank. Here’s the lid so far. image.jpg

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Also I need some type of weight to keep my tiny sponge filter in place at the bottom of the tank. Any ideas?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store