Customer from hell....

maxinout13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2006
mass
www.massaggression.com
Sent him a 10" RTC peru sold as 8" via aquabid.com for $50!! he *****ed about shipping so he opted to ship GROUND UPS , i told him fine 18$ I WILL NOT INSURE LIVE ARRIVAL...sure enough ups destroys my box(sytro coooler from seagrest with 1" corner protectors in all corners, triple bagged, styro and newspaper/peanuts) before even getting to my hob one state away about 30 miles...i picked it up, demolished box... i tell the guy and show him the tracking and all the info. he demands a refund...or will open a claim, i was clear on my terms, guy spent $50 on a fish but wouldnt spend $40 on shipping..opted on 1/2 price... i replied this is why i would not insure it, i worked in college for ups, i know what goes on, i was a supervisor...he made it out like i am a horrible business man and blatently did this....

vendors come on fill me in...10" RTC $50, $20 shipping (your own risk MA-NY) jesus what am i thinking right???

what would you guys do?

right now is where we become businessmen or stand by our terms, i feel, i dont want the bad press, even though he was aware, but in one ear out the other to him, so i A send him another eat the cost of the fish, ship fede try to charge him for at least the shipping, which he will not be happy about, or say hey you knew the terms... im sick of the pissing and moaning we get...do we make good or try to put our case out in public if they try to retaliate ,even knowing the terms...

My lawyer also my uncle said screw him, legally it stands im in the right not to do anything. again though one mouth tells ten mouths...its not a big deal and ill prolly eat it cause of the stress ill prevent, but what if this was a large sale, i.e. tiger ray, tigrinus or a BR ray???

just venting a bit and seeing where you guys stand...we all are here working side by side we all have our "loyals" no reason this forum "vendors only" shouldnt be rocking a bit more...

Nate
MA

b-man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2006
US
if it was clearly stated. whats the problem here? being nice is one thing, but it makes no sense to be out money if it is someone's fault

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
For future transactions, enforce using only your acceptable methods of shipping. If a customer demands anything else, back away from the transaction. It'll save you huge amounts of stress in the long run. Look at the stress you're dealing with with this joker. It's simply not worth deviating from what you've established as being safe shipping methods.

Fish Room Plus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
Terms of sale are great, untill there is a problem, then they get thrown out the window. Pay-pal gives the buyer 45 day to make a claim. So at anytime within 45 day a buyer can make a claim, have your money pulled out of your account and them issue the buyer a full refund. It all works against the seller. Your going to lose because he never recieved the fish, thats what PP will look at.
Alex

maxinout13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2006
mass
www.massaggression.com
very true guys, glad you responded. im now only shipping fedex...if the customer cannot afford the shipping he shouldnt be buyng the fish, its not like we sell goldfish here!

alex yoru right, i had a kid in cali order $1800 in plecos on a brazil import, he backed out i paid him...he entered a claim to paypal, THEY credited him with the $1800 and i had to pay paypal back...he canceled his order the night before the import...i had over 20 boxes of my own never mind the 15 boxes of various plecos...whata nightmare. paypal is for the buyer ...is there a way around it simply CC transactions or suck it up, hope for the best expect the worst? i didnt accept paypal for about 1 year but i felt it hindered my sales.. just venting again...i told him ill replace it and he will repay the shipping, i explained how it works and was appropriate but professional...to my surprise he took it well and said no problem...now i just need a rtc about 7"-8" lol....so yes ...avoid the stress and dont go out of my comfort zone was great advice...guess thats all i can do, can only work so much with the customer...before hurting our own pockets for someone else being stubborn..but you cant save your ass and face at the same time i guess..

Fish Room Plus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
maxinout13;3156021; said:
very true guys, glad you responded. im now only shipping fedex...if the customer cannot afford the shipping he shouldnt be buyng the fish, its not like we sell goldfish here!

alex yoru right, i had a kid in cali order $1800 in plecos on a brazil import, he backed out i paid him...he entered a claim to paypal, THEY credited him with the $1800 and i had to pay paypal back...he canceled his order the night before the import...i had over 20 boxes of my own never mind the 15 boxes of various plecos...whata nightmare. paypal is for the buyer ...is there a way around it simply CC transactions or suck it up, hope for the best expect the worst? i didnt accept paypal for about 1 year but i felt it hindered my sales.. just venting again...i told him ill replace it and he will repay the shipping, i explained how it works and was appropriate but professional...to my surprise he took it well and said no problem...now i just need a rtc about 7"-8" lol....so yes ...avoid the stress and dont go out of my comfort zone was great advice...guess thats all i can do, can only work so much with the customer...before hurting our own pockets for someone else being stubborn..but you cant save your ass and face at the same time i guess..
CC are worst, ax gives a year warrante on all purchases. Try to go with M.O. Who ever you use as a carrier, dont tell them whats in the box, It will be easier to place claims if there is a problem

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store