Damn near lost my bubble tip today

HarpoGarza

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2005
Citrus Heights, CA
About a month ago I went to my favorite LFS to grab a sweet looking maroon clown to be the center piece of my 29g mini reef. When I went to pick it up the clerk threw in a free bubble tip that was already hosting him since I spend mad $$$ there each month. After a few days he picked his spot and everything was cool. This afternoon I got home from a day out with my daughter and he was all shriveled to like a third of it's normal size and was completely withdrawn. A tiny white crab was attached to it, pick away at his foot and base. Apparently a piece of liverock I had purchased a week ago had an unwelcomed intruder. I managed to snag the little bugger and tossed him into my 125 where my Red Devil made quick work out of him. This crab also explains why 4 of my 8 snails have disappeared since adding that piece of rock. On the plus side, that same piece of rock had about $100 worth of zoas growing on it. Ah hitchikers. It's a love/hate relationship.

puffcrusader696

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2008
Corning, New York
www.youtube.com
wow... thats kinda like yay for the zoas and really bad about the crab... i got a crab in a rock once... also a mushroom. as far as i know he hasnt left his little burrow since i got him and happily accepts krill when i give it to him... hitchikers are beast

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store