Dark splotching on Hifin green phantom

JuniorMonsterKeeper

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I don’t wanna be quoted with that. But considering all the factors. My tank has been cycled for a few years it was emptied of all stock and had a water change done on it as well has filter was cleaned before this colony of plecos were put in. Only change to system was the removal of crushed coral from filter to allow ph to drop to be closer to the range of what they are naturally use to. They were wild caught and quarantined with cichkids in a tank settup with a higher ph for my cichlids. The only change other than the tank move is the ph difference. I ve fed them exactly the same as I have been since I got them. Repashy assorted recipes bloodworms algae wafers etc. They are in a much larger tank than before which was a 40 gal breeder andnare now in a 65 gal. There is a vast number of caves I ve provided and settup alsowith stones and equal amount of water flow as the 40gal. So when I say stress I mean stress from the ph difference. As it took me approx 2 weeks to acclimate them just to get them to eat and then another few weeks to get them to display a more normal color with the new water parameters I put them in. The 40 was goin to always become the breeder for my peacocks but since they all came from same source I quarantined them together. But now I’m regretting moving the pleccos to the 65 and wish I had put the peacoks in there instead.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Kunkfu

Feeder Fish
May 18, 2018
My Young Dovii has the same black spots. They come and go. He’s in a tank by himself. I’ve been wondering if my sand substrate is too sharp and he’s scraping himself when he sleeps or something.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store