Dat Acclimation

Kobi9019

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2007
Connecticut
Hey there I will FINALLY be ordering 4 baby indos soon. I was wondering what the best way to acclimate them would be? Also I remember reading about the "dat disease" or something like that and what was the way to treat them for that? Then I have some pimafix, melafix, and some parasite medication that I was going to use once I release them in. how long should I wait inbetween each dose of the different medications? Thanks for any help and sry bout all the questions, I just want to make sure that they live for many years:) .

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
Kobi9019;727778; said:
Hey there I will FINALLY be ordering 4 baby indos soon. I was wondering what the best way to acclimate them would be? Also I remember reading about the "dat disease" or something like that and what was the way to treat them for that? Then I have some pimafix, melafix, and some parasite medication that I was going to use once I release them in. how long should I wait inbetween each dose of the different medications? Thanks for any help and sry bout all the questions, I just want to make sure that they live for many years:) .
STAY AWAY FROM MEDS until the dat is grown up a little bit... or use like a 1/3 of the recommended... trust me. i lost a baby indo to melafix 1 minute after it was put in.

Most of the babys goin round have some sort of ich or sumthin, they look sick. TLC is the best way to cure them, and lots of bloodworms!

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I bought a bunch of the little ones, none had any sign of disease, all are healthy. I drip mine.

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
I cant buy bloodworms So I just used shrimp and they went nuts :). They are very lazy babies though :grinno:

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
i drip all my fish although the time dripped is much longer if i get them from a distance.
i dripped my recent 6'' widebar for over 2 1/2 hours as the tank it was in had a ph of around 5 it still was not right and was stressed which the other fish picked up on causing ructions in the tank.
i seperated it and now its fine.

vanimate

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Chicago ŅŞ
Make sure to quarantine for a couple of weeks to watch for the disease. Turn up the heat a little and add some salt. I wouldnt add any meds unless you know for sure what the ailment is. GL ;)

Kobi9019

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2007
Connecticut
thank you very much you guys saved the lives of my dats:) . I would have used the melafix and other meds as soon as I got them in the cage. I have the temp of the 10 gal at 80 F right now what temp should I raise it to? Also how much salt should I add to the tank? Do I add salt every day? thanks again for your great help!

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
you dont need to add salt every day !!!
it stays in the tank........you could add the proper amount to the change water when you change water.........but only in relation to how much water you removed.
water which evaporates leaves its salt behind.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store