Dat and Ray tank

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
one dat eats pellets and is notably bigger, the other absolutely refuses. I've tried pellets mashed in with tilapia, soaking pellets in blood worm juice, doesn't make a difference he spits the pellets out.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
My NTT has eaten Hikari Sinking Carnivore since the 2nd day I got him at about 3". About 10 months later he still loves them but unfortunately he won't eat any other type of pellet I've tried. Not saying he's the most gregarious of fish, but coloration wise he has always been 100% stable, never turned any shade of black -- though in his case I don't think it's related to eating diet, nor stress/aggression like with RDFISHGUY's Dat, it's just the way he rolls.

Reactions: dr exum

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
i'll try the sinking carnivore see what happens.
Sounds like your pickier one is just plain fussier, so he might react same, but who knows he might take to them, certainly worth a try.

Also dr exum dr exum it seems the younger the Dat is the easier it is -- HSC was the first food I tried after it had been on blood worms at LFS, luckily he went for them after one day of 'starvation', and I think that's what it comes down to with many Dats, luck.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Great looking group! Stingray is STELLar and Love how yellow the NGT is ! Out if curiosity. What caused the missing eye on one of the silver dat?
A few days ago, his eye was plucked out, dats i believe is the cause of this injury, my NGT earlier had done a similar thing to a kelberi of mine

• Sad
Reactions: Ulu

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
A few days ago, his eye was plucked out, dats i believe is the cause of this injury, my NGT earlier had done a similar thing to a kelberi of mine
Geez! U suspect that ngt bit the eye out? Crazy. I would of guessed the Crenicichla pike is the culprit. My ngt can be a semi asssholle too. U gettin me shook now, lol

• Haha
Reactions: headbanger_jib

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Geez! U suspect that ngt bit the eye out? Crazy. I would of guessed the Crenicichla pike is the culprit. My ngt can be a semi asssholle too. U gettin me shook now, lol
Could be the creni too, he's no saint.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Wow that ngt is like a bumblebee. That silver looks gruesome, super fresh wound. Great crew jibran

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store