Dat owners

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
MarlboroMan said:
;) Mine was 3.5" and loved the flick of a bic (tried to eat it).

Thats cool.. was it the lone dat in the tank ?? Its possible also that the dat felt comfortable in your setup.. i.e , no big predators the dat feels will eat it up.

MarlboroMan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
socal
Actually the guy who sold it to me had it with much larger fish, when I brought it home, I had large bichirs, ATFs, flowerhorns, red devils and such all larger than the dat. Maybe it was raised with larger fish its whole life and got the idea of survival of the fittest. It was the nicest widebar I have seen in person.

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
MarlboroMan said:
Actually the guy who sold it to me had it with much larger fish, when I brought it home, I had large bichirs, ATFs, flowerhorns, red devils and such all larger than the dat. Maybe it was raised with larger fish its whole life and got the idea of survival of the fittest. It was the nicest widebar I have seen in person.

that could very well be the reason why its not shy . Take pics of it... and the whole tank too if you can... :thumbsup:

decoy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
My Dat ,while I clean the tank cicles my hand and arm and rubs his body all over them...Never hides at all...

Regards,

Rich

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
My 3 14inchers are very active at night time, which is also feeding time.

Usually they are active 24/7 though, unless one of them decides to boss the other two around.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store