Dat personality

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Dont remember. Pretty sure straight bars. I'll snap a pic.

Doesnt like the cell phone at all.

What do you feed them when this small ?
Nice Frank, it is indeed a cute little guy/gal, good score! Insofar as feeding, at that size here in Thailand they're usually feeding them frozen blood worms. But personally I'd at least try to get it on pellets asap (though at that size I certainly wouldn't starve it if it keeps refusing them). Consensus seems to be that esp. with Dats, younger they are the easier it is compared to waiting.

Suggest to try Hikari Sinking Carnivore pellets (cut in half if necessary); I tried HSC with my (then 3" NTT) before even giving any frozen foods and luckily after just a day he started chomping on them (in fact he likes them a bit too much as I'll post in another thread later). He might be the exception rather than the rule, but the approach is worth a try or two. Hope your son enjoys his new Dat!

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Nice Frank, it is indeed a cute little guy/gal, good score! Insofar as feeding, at that size here in Thailand they're usually feeding them frozen blood worms. But personally I'd at least try to get it on pellets asap (though at that size I certainly wouldn't starve it if it keeps refusing them). Consensus seems to be that esp. with Dats, younger they are the easier it is compared to waiting.

Suggest to try Hikari Sinking Carnivore pellets (cut in half if necessary); I tried HSC with my (then 3" NTT) before even giving any frozen foods and luckily after just a day he started chomping on them (in fact he likes them a bit too much as I'll post in another thread later). He might be the exception rather than the rule, but the approach is worth a try or two. Hope your son enjoys his new Dat!
Got the little guy to chow down on a mix of brine shrimp and blood worms.

Still refusing tilapia, id like to get him on that asap since i can sneak in pellets with it.

Reactions: islandguy11

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
So true to what everyone said the fish has been hiding. Would adding dither fish help ? Maybe a group of black skirts orsomething cheap be worth it. Granted its only been 2 days

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Added a handful of black skirts and he came out of hiding. Hopefully it will continue.

Hes friggin tiny

Reactions: Matteus

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I really like this little guy. I can see why some of you are soo into dats13675471367548

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store