headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
View attachment 1378831

Ok so it looks as if this is what I have ordered. I assume this is an IT from the name. Not sure what it will look like outside of this picture. I am assuming this isn’t the actual fish I will receive.

In regards to a qt, what would you folks suggest as the best treatment/ qt process. I have fenbendazole, metro, methyl blue, cuprimine available. I was thinking of using the fenbendazole as a dewormer but if you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Tyia
That is a northern Thailand tiger
Datinoides undecimradiatus

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well,not sure what you will receive but the fish in the photo does not look like an indo tiger but rather a thinbar dat (North Thailand Tiger).

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Since Siamese Tiger (ST) is likely out of question... the easiest way to differentiate can be described below.. at least to me layman wise

Indo tiger (IT) - 4 thick bar black stripe, sometimes fork bar, sometimes 3 bar but usually higher price because look like ST

Northern Thailand tiger (NTT) - 3 thin bar

American tiger (AT) - silver in colour

New Guinea Tiger (NGT) - fuzzy yellow body

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Haha. Of course it would be mislabeled. I had a feeling it wasn’t right. Thank you all for the I’d on the pic. Now let’s see what actually shows up when it arrives. Supposed to be in next Thursday.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the qt process?

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Haha. Of course it would be mislabeled. I had a feeling it wasn’t right. Thank you all for the I’d on the pic. Now let’s see what actually shows up when it arrives. Supposed to be in next Thursday.

It’s a younger NTT as others mentioned. It gets a little confusing to differentiate this thicker bar ntt from an Indonesian dat. Ntt juveniles bars get thinner as the body grows. At around 8-10”. They’ll look nothing like when they were 3-5”.

Reactions: Matteus

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017

When I QT my fish, all I use is eiho parzipro and keep an eye for anything funny.... will also observe how they are feeding

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
If you indeed receive an IT, then you don't have to worry about treating for parasites, but can go ahead keep em in a separate tank and observe for. Period of time. As IT are extensively farmed for ornamental fish market.

NTT are usually wild and you would have to treat for parasites.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I used to do two rounds of parasite gaurd but since they no longer make it ive been using general cure

ROY1204

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2018
toronto
View attachment 1378831

Ok so it looks as if this is what I have ordered. I assume this is an IT from the name. Not sure what it will look like outside of this picture. I am assuming this isn’t the actual fish I will receive.

In regards to a qt, what would you folks suggest as the best treatment/ qt process. I have fenbendazole, metro, methyl blue, cuprimine available. I was thinking of using the fenbendazole as a dewormer but if you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Tyia
where u located? I saw Big AL selling the baby IT in toronto

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store