Dead cichla analysis

bonesb66

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Birmingham
Hey guys,

In Tuesday I noticed my female mono wasn't looking too well, I noticed her eyes had literally sunk into her head and she had a peculiar large patch across her face which I can only describe as mould.

For some time she looked like the runt of the little, she would be very dark and her fins were always ripped yet I never saw anyone display aggression towards her, she would always be an aggressive feeder.

Tuesday when I noticed her condition worsened i was due to feed the tank, she refused to take food and merely bobbed at the surface, her condition seemed poor but stable up until this evening where I found her face down into the sand - to be honest I expected this was the end for her before I found her and so made the decision to euthanise her, I took her out into a poly box and used the clove oil and vodka method, it was as peaceful as possible to my relief.

No changes in the system, temperature a stable 28-29C as normal, no chemicals added to the tank, water change is a constant trickle via a HMA filter which removes chemicals from tap water, this is not near its end life yet. No change in food supply, no ill looking fish in the system, no signs of bullying as mentioned.

Parameters are consistent.

Here are some images from this morning and then after death.

Your thoughts?

View attachment 920863
View attachment 920864
View attachment 920865
View attachment 920866
View attachment 920867
View attachment 920868
View attachment 920869
View attachment 920870

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com