Dead fish...shall I take a picture anyway?

"Hi guys! Here's a pix of my dead fish..."

• "Yucks! It's perverse!"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Hmm.. You need more light and DOF."

• "Whatever..."

• Total voters

benny

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2004
Singapore
Hi guys,

Many a times, you find fishes dead in your tank, sometimes your favorite fishes too.

Do you consider it "perverse" to take a picture of a dead fish? I suppose there could be various reasons for taking a picture...

1. It was your favorite and you want something to remember it by.
2. The colors were so unbelievably beautiful when it died. (Especialy for Apistogramma sp)
3. You want to know what killed it and hope someone can tell you from the pictures.
4. It's a good photographic subject (?)

Though it's not as controversial as Benetton's AIDS advertisement campaign, I'm sure some will find it revolting (like pictures of diseased fishes). Others will argue that it's no different from seeing an artsy print of a dead bird/animal in a desert.

Let's hear some comments.

Cheers,

Gordeez

Feeder Fish
Jan 4, 2004
New Braunfels, TX
Back in the day, when i lost my
clown loaches and pictures, I took some pics.
They were dead, Never found out why, But they
did have awesome colors! and the Clowloaches were
My fav. Fish cause they would like ''Play'' Around the whole
tank, Like they werea gang or something.

I Say photograph whatever YOU want!

Meganfitz

Feeder Fish
Dec 31, 2003
Oregon
www.cichlidcircus.com
I think if it had a disease, it would be beneficial to take a pic and post it, to find out what killed it, or to warn other people what to look for [smilie=d_oh.gif] And if you are really sentimental, to remember it by, but I think most of us are taking pics of our live fish already! [smilie=lol.gif]

nimbusv

Feeder Fish
Jan 4, 2004
Mexico City
I agree, you can learn a lot with the dead bodies of our little friends, for ourselves and most important to help other people prevent certain situations, though sad i think is a good thing

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store