Dead goldfish

BuBBles420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2018
Yesterday I moved my fish from a temporary tank to a pond/tub in the garage. Today I found a goldfish floating with at least half of its scales missing, there are many scales on the bottom of the pond. Did this happen after death or is the scale loss linked to its death? It was about four inches and I did not see any other signs of death. Worried about the other fish in the pond and wondering if anyone has any input.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Yesterday I moved my fish from a temporary tank to a pond/tub in the garage. Today I found a goldfish floating with at least half of its scales missing, there are many scales on the bottom of the pond. Did this happen after death or is the scale loss linked to its death? It was about four inches and I did not see any other signs of death. Worried about the other fish in the pond and wondering if anyone has any input.

How long has the outdoor garage pond been setup? Did you test the parameters of the pond prior to putting the Goldfish in it?

BuBBles420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2018
It was only up a few days but the fish had to be moved. They all seem to be fat and happy now!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store