Deadeye’s Amazon Puffer Thread

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
Do you think pellets are "crunchy" enough to just feed pellets? Obviously I feed them to my fahaka, I'm only feeding him snails once a week atm to try and build back my supplies.
i saw a video of a person saying that if you give them the frozen block of bloodworms that it was hard enough to wear their beaks down. i only feed my puffers live so i cant confirm. ive also heard really good things about krill wearing their beak down.

Reactions: Deadeye

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
i saw a video of a person saying that if you give them the frozen block of bloodworms that it was hard enough to wear their beaks down. i only feed my puffers live so i cant confirm. ive also heard really good things about krill wearing their beak down.
He's so so about krill. Next time I'm over by the Korean market I'm going to buy some frozen swimming crabs. See if he'll eat those.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I’ve do put the frozen blood worms in, but the tetras always seem to break it up before the puffers have the confidence to eat.

Reactions: djsaltynuts

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Smaller puffs ice should help. Anything over 3 inches it probably won’t be so effective.
Big guys are easy though. Just drop some crayfish in.

Reactions: Milingu

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Going to make batch 2 of repashys today. Using an ice cube tray to make it easier to get the proper food amounts. I’ll also mix in some cuttlebone and bloodworms to make it more teeth crushing and appetizing.

White eye patch is on two of them now... fungal?

In the meantime, two of them eating mysis (forgive the algae, big cyano bloom with a guest appearance by green spot):
42DC5CA5-76AE-4A18-97B7-2AE42BB1650A.jpegFD7E114D-7A7B-4F4A-8EB8-27AEE9C7BC37.jpeg

Reactions: A&A

A&A

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2020
Going to make batch 2 of repashys today. Using an ice cube tray to make it easier to get the proper food amounts. I’ll also mix in some cuttlebone and bloodworms to make it more teeth crushing and appetizing.

White eye patch is on two of them now... fungal?

In the meantime, two of them eating mysis (forgive the algae, big cyano bloom with a guest appearance by green spot):
View attachment 1460073View attachment 1460074
Cool pic! Dealing with blue green cyano myself. I think I am battling it back....

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Cool pic! Dealing with blue green cyano myself. I think I am battling it back....
Thanks!
Every time I think I have it beat it gets worse. I’m not even sure it is cyano (I should try to get a microscope pic), but it very much behaves like it. Weird part is it’s black. I’m hesitant to try chemicals because I don’t want to kill bb with the heavy stocking or throw something else off and kill plants. From my knowledge of saltwater, riding it out seems to work. Of course if green spot is the result of the cyano bloom going away, I have an even more annoying problem. At least things eat that tough...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store