FREE DEAL OF A LIFETIME! $140 JACK DEMPSEY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryang85

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2019
I know I had a 12in JD myself about 5 years ago but that jack was already 10 years old when I got him at that size. Got him for about $20 so by far a much better deal lol. They do get that big but very rarely. Mine was just lucky that his previous owner kept him in a 500g pond tank as the only fish with a couple turtles. I honestly think that's the only reason he got as big as he did. Wish I had a pic of him still but that was on my old camcorder that I lost somewhere in the house.

I got a 10 inch for 20 bucks as since my girlfriend liked him and felt bad he was in a 120gal at the LFS. He's old and most definitely not growing anymore but he has to be hand fed and I think is nearing his final years based on the hunchback.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I got a 10 inch for 20 bucks as since my girlfriend liked him and felt bad he was in a 120gal at the LFS. He's old and most definitely not growing anymore but he has to be hand fed and I think is nearing his final years based on the hunchback.
Yeah I know mine didn't last too long after I bought him but atleast he had somewhere to spend his last days at instead of a pet store. He lived for about 4 months after I got him so he was pushing 11 years old already by the time he passed away.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

ryang85

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2019
Yeah I know mine didn't last too long after I bought him but atleast he had somewhere to spend his last days at instead of a pet store. He lived for about 4 months after I got him so he was pushing 11 years old already by the time he passed away.
I've had mine for a year, he lives in a african cichlid tank and actually does pretty well but I have to hand feed shrimp and super worms. He has great color but dosnt come out of his hole unless he knows it's time for food.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I've had mine for a year, he lives in a african cichlid tank and actually does pretty well but I have to hand feed shrimp and super worms. He has great color but dosnt come out of his hole unless he knows it's time for food.
Yeah all mine wanted to do was lounge around but my 10 year old King Kong parrot always bullied him. Mine was honestly the chillest JD I've ever had. All the others were extremely mean to the other fish.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store