Decided to give plywood a shot

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Was in the DIY mood last weekend. cut and assembled saturday afternoon, coated and sealed sunday, second coat on monday. had glass cut tuesday, installed glass and intake out output valves tuesday night. wednesday and today will let dry. friday fill it with water..and hope hope hope that it will hold and not leak. heheh..im not gonna start the stand canopy and filtration until i know it will hold water.

DSC03783.JPG

DSC03784.JPG

DSC03792.JPG

DSC03791.JPG

View attachment 1123313

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Good luck.

bosshawg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2005
columbus, oh
hope everything turns out alright lookingood so far

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Thanks all. filled her up late thursday night, succesfully held water until saturday afternoon. At which point i recieved some very helpful advice from a fellow member (thanks lem). Drained the tank at added another layer of epoxy with fiberglass fabric to reinforce the lining and prevent it from cracking while transporting the tank. am now waiting for it to cure in a few days and add one final layer.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
looks good

looks like u have a workshop :)

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
rayman45 said:
looks good

looks like u have a workshop :)
thanks. i used to build custom boxes and do automtoive audio work before i joined the military and i still have all my woodworking tools. ive foundthat building an aquarium is alot like building a sub box.

i saw on another post you were gonna try a plywood box too. any luck with it?

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
i was going to
but not worth it for such a small tank.
i wanted to try a small tank like 2 foot cube.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store