Dedication to Joey : R1_Ridah : R.I.P.

The TRUST

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2005
Miami, FL
Joey,

I will really really really miss you Bro. :cry: Although I've never met you in person, I will always remember all the great conversations we had over the phone. Dreaming up ideas of what to put next in our collections or even me trying to talk you into selling off some of your fish. :naughty: I remember asking for your help helping me build up my peacock bass collection. I even remember asking for your help dropping fish off for me at Wes' old store. I miss those days but what I really miss more is our little conversations. :( You were there to hear me out when I left this forum and you were the go between guy when I wasn't in talking terms with Li. Everything's all good now between us and it's all in the past.

I'm sad that you are no longer here with us but I am happy that you are no longer suffering. I still have the last text I got from you on my phone from the 16th. You ended the text saying "I'll call you when I have the strength to talk. It's good hearing from you". Little did I know that I would never get to hear from you again. :( I will see you again in the next life and you can bet we will have that talk. I just ask that you introduce yourself to me in the next life 'cause I don't know what you look like. :grinno:

Rest in peace my friend, my buddy, my kumpare.

:cry:Hindi kita malilimutan. :cry:

Nemesis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2009
nyc
May you RIP Joey :(

Sent from my Evo 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ermgravy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
behind my iMac.... Southampton UK.
Li we nee a tribut sticky some where with a passage about Joey and a link to his youtube channel and photo threads on here, quotes of his best moments... he was one of us. like really one of us! think everyone would agree he earnt that.... anyone of my generation weather directly or indirectly on this forum was inspired by R1!

chrisngo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
The first time I read this thread was earlier today. I managed to get through most of it before I was pulled back into work. Tonight, I sit here shaking my head to find out that R1_Ridah has passed away.

I didn't know you Joey but I have read through some of your past posts and I have mad respect for your contributions to this forum.

My condolences go out to Joey and his family. This is a tough time and knowing that the MFK family cares so much about Joey just shows the type of person he was.

Chris

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
Li we nee a tribut sticky some where with a passage about Joey and a link to his youtube channel and photo threads on here, quotes of his best moments... he was one of us. like really one of us! think everyone would agree he earnt that.... anyone of my generation weather directly or indirectly on this forum was inspired by R1!
"Oh Easy" - Joey

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
Joey,

I will really really really miss you Bro. :cry: Although I've never met you in person, I will always remember all the great conversations we had over the phone. Dreaming up ideas of what to put next in our collections or even me trying to talk you into selling off some of your fish. :naughty: I remember asking for your help helping me build up my peacock bass collection. I even remember asking for your help dropping fish off for me at Wes' old store. I miss those days but what I really miss more is our little conversations. :( You were there to hear me out when I left this forum and you were the go between guy when I wasn't in talking terms with Li. Everything's all good now between us and it's all in the past.

I'm sad that you are no longer here with us but I am happy that you are no longer suffering. I still have the last text I got from you on my phone from the 16th. You ended the text saying "I'll call you when I have the strength to talk. It's good hearing from you". Little did I know that I would never get to hear from you again. :( I will see you again in the next life and you can bet we will have that talk. I just ask that you introduce yourself to me in the next life 'cause I don't know what you look like. :grinno:

Rest in peace my friend, my buddy, my kumpare.

:cry:Hindi kita malilimutan. :cry:
This got to me bro :cry:

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I'm still in shock. His tanks/pics are iconic on MFK. He was the first person I met from this forum, first person I ever bought anything from the Marketplace, first person to greet me at all the SoCal MFK Meets, he's usually the first person I go to when it came to fish. He's truly a good person and a good friend. He means a lot to a lot of MFKers including myself. He's definitely an amazing person. Just look at how Joey has brought so many old members back to wish him well. We were always trying to find time to get some sushi. I'm in tears thinking that it will not happen now...Rest In Peace, my friend.

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
State of chaos
I lost my grandmother to brain cancer this past August, and for what it's worth, this helped me through it in a lot of ways

"I have not been home
Since you left long ago
I'm thumbing my way back to heaven

Counting steps walking backwards on the road
Counting my way back to heaven
I can't be free with what's locked inside of me
if there was a key you took it in your hand
There's no wrong or right
but I'm sure there's good and bad
Questions linger overhead
No matter how cold the winter
there's a spring time ahead

I'm thumbing my way back to heaven

I wish that I could hold you
I wish that I had
Thinking about heaven…

I let go of the rope
thinking that's what held me back
and in time I realize it's now wrapped around my neck
I can't see what's next from this lonely overpass
Hang my head and count my steps as another car goes past…
I turn my back
now there's no turning back
All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives
choosing the shiny ones instead…
No matter how cold the winter
there's a spring time ahead
I smile but who am I kidding
I'm just walking the mile
Every once and a while I'll get a ride…

I'm thumbing my way back to heaven"

Dragon Hunter

Redtail Catfish