Gold Tier Deeda, Esteemed Contributor

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Thread cleaned up.

Adamson Adamson you are right to speak your mind. Thank you.

fishhead0103666 fishhead0103666 EntoStentor EntoStentor going in on Adamson is absolutely uncalled for. He is perfectly entitled to his opinion, and he has the right to have it and to express his observations. Other members should either agree and provide more supporting evidence, or simply disagree without going after him personally.

I will reopen this in about an hour to ensure everyone sees my guidance before continuing the conversation.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Deeda seems to always be helpful when she posts, and has been helping people out for years now. Quick look at her post history confirms that. I didn't find her post to be passive aggressive personally. I think the award is valid.

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I am going to have to say I am against deeda here. I didn’t appreciate his passive aggressiveness and the “gang up” mentality that occurred in this thread. https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/265-mixed-african-tank.728561/page-3
He, and a couple of others, in their roles as internet tough guy really attacked OP.
If you want to discourage people from posting pictures of their setup, just come right out and say it.
I was a bit shocked when somebody voiced opposition. I took the time to read through the thread to find nothing but diplomatic exchanges between Deeda and the OP. I did notice different people who disagreed with OP, that you ended up arguing with. I'll be honest though this thread is a credit to her, and show's how much she deserves the award. OP listed the wrong dimensions and she approached it in a scientific way to get to the base of the situation. Her gallon calculation was on point in both of the measurements given. She linked another relevant thread posted by OP that gives a better view of it.

Her ability to engage the community like this is exactly why I think Deeda is a member of utmost respect. The effort she puts in for each of her posts is so underappreciated it's almost criminal. I've tried helping people the way she does. Inexperience and lack of care kept me from ever using precise measurements, correlating data, and engaging people I thought too new. When I shot for silver it was no brainer but I think this thread needs to be bumped a couple times for the deserved nominations for gold. It's not a lack on Deeda's end that keeps this award out of grasp, her engagement in this community is strong as ever.

Adamson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
Switzerland
I was a bit shocked when somebody voiced opposition. I took the time to read through the thread to find nothing but diplomatic exchanges between Deeda and the OP. I did notice different people who disagreed with OP, that you ended up arguing with. I'll be honest though this thread is a credit to her, and show's how much she deserves the award. OP listed the wrong dimensions and she approached it in a scientific way to get to the base of the situation. Her gallon calculation was on point in both of the measurements given. She linked another relevant thread posted by OP that gives a better view of it.

Her ability to engage the community like this is exactly why I think Deeda is a member of utmost respect. The effort she puts in for each of her posts is so underappreciated it's almost criminal. I've tried helping people the way she does. Inexperience and lack of care kept me from ever using precise measurements, correlating data, and engaging people I thought too new. When I shot for silver it was no brainer but I think this thread needs to be bumped a couple times for the deserved nominations for gold. It's not a lack on Deeda's end that keeps this award out of grasp, her engagement in this community is strong as ever.
Well, I can assure you that the people in that thread were hustling OP long before I ever got involved.
A day or two after I posted negative feedback of deeda in this thread, I went into the 265 gallon thread and posted about why I do not like Texas Holey Rock. I was immediately attacked for no reason.

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Well, I can assure you that the people in that thread were hustling OP long before I ever got involved.
A day or two after I posted negative feedback of deeda in this thread, I went into the 265 gallon thread and posted about why I do not like Texas Holey Rock. I was immediately attacked for no reason.
She was nothing but respectful in her interactions and stated her opinion in a way that did not take away from the conversation. Holding her responsible for the actions of those who agreed with her is kind of silly, she's a community member not some party leader.

Take it up with the mods who will sort it out, not Deeda who has no power nor control over the actions of those who chimed in later.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Take it up with the mods who will sort it out, not Deeda who has no power nor control over the actions of those who chimed in later.
This hits the heart of the matter. Allow the moderators to moderate. I've spoken with Adamson Adamson , and hopefully we have come to an understanding.

This hits the heart of the matter. Allow the moderators to moderate. I've spoken with Adamson Adamson , and hopefully we have come to an understanding.
So what's the situation with the award?

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
So what's the situation with the award?
This far the community consensus seems to be that Adamson's claim is absurd, and that it shouldn't have an impact on the issuance of the award.

No one person, not even me, has the ability to single handedly override a community consensus on an award.

Edit- lest I be misquoted, the Staff has the final say on the issuance, not the user base, but that power doesn't reside in me alone. Think of it like the House and the Senate needing to agree on a bill before it goes to the President.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I may be a little late to this but she has my vote! Always respectful and very knowledgeable. I would vote 10 times yes if I could. I could write an essay of reasons why, but the other members seem to have them covered. :grinyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store