Dec 24, 2005
USA
Looks like Senegalus.

Reactions: tlindsey

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
kno4te kno4te Rayfishowner Rayfishowner they also have senegal listed for half the price but this is labled as marbled

Reactions: Rayfishowner

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
So do you think it is a scam? or they genuinely dont know? also is 38$ a little pricy for a del? 3inchs
Which website is this? I’d look up it’s reputation online. Some websites like live aquaria usually have reliable products, but they mislabel fish too (especially polypterus species). Also can’t you go to your lfs or big box pet store? Senegal’s are usually 10 dollars or less at Petco and PetSmart.

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
The website is petzone Im limited with online stores because I live in canada and I dont want a senegal im looking for marbled poly

Which website is this? I’d look up it’s reputation online. Some websites like live aquaria usually have reliable products, but they mislabel fish too (especially polypterus species). Also can’t you go to your lfs or big box pet store? Senegal’s are usually 10 dollars or less at Petco and PetSmart.

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Also, 38 is kinda pricey for a del, especially if you have to pay shipping as well. But if that’s the neat way for you to obtain that fish then by all means by it lol. Also for species that get 12-16 in you can look into palmas, polli, and retropinis. Probably a bit more expensive.

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
ya I looked into them but I either cant find them or they are too pricy but if I could i would!

Also, 38 is kinda pricey for a del, especially if you have to pay shipping as well. But if that’s the neat way for you to obtain that fish then by all means by it lol. Also for species that get 12-16 in you can look into palmas, polli, and retropinis. Probably a bit more expensive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store