Delhezi with split tail

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Nope should heal up just fine in time bichirs are incredibly tough
It may not heal up, just saying. Mine had a split tail but never healed up in the end. If it goes too deep and hits the “stem” of the tail it has a chance of not growing back.

E6874EC0-32F9-4524-ACB0-7E18A98EE3C3.jpeg

A63F237D-4C8C-4286-BE60-C2DA74FA7982.jpeg

Jimmyk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2022
They like to pile, so more is better (not too many), although keeping it alone is okay as well

I bought it from another hobbyist, told me split tail since young
So for a 125 gallon with only 40 gallons filled (I like the paludarium look that’s why) filtered by a couple of sponge filters, how many dels could I potentially put in there? Are dels aggressive to each other? Would it be necessary to keep more to spread aggression if keeping more than one? Would keeping two be an issue?

Reactions: tlindsey

Krismo962

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2020
my house!!
Depends on your WC regime,feeding,filtration etc.
If you keep only 2 bichirs it's very likely that they will nip at eachother/fight,if you want a group 3+ bichirs is the way to go as one can't become dominant over the other and harass it.
So for a 125 gallon with only 40 gallons filled (I like the paludarium look that’s why) filtered by a couple of sponge filters, how many dels could I potentially put in there? Are dels aggressive to each other? Would it be necessary to keep more to spread aggression if keeping more than one? Would keeping two be an issue?

Reactions: tlindsey

Jimmyk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2022
Depends on your WC regime,feeding,filtration etc.
If you keep only 2 bichirs it's very likely that they will nip at eachother/fight,if you want a group 3+ bichirs is the way to go as one can't become dominant over the other and harass it.
That makes sense. Thank you!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store