Derek’s fish buyer beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
For those who are wondering where Derek van da meter is this is for you. I used to be this guy’s biggest advocate and I considered him a friend at one point untill I realized what people have said of him to be true. Last month he started drawing interest from ppl to make a ray order from indonesia so that he could fund his next import which was supposed to be Peru. This ray order was pre order only and normally Derek would come through, although no order pulled the funds this did. Anyway a couple weeks go by and he relayed the order was suppose to come on a specific Tuesday, so I told my friends the news and waited. That Tuesday rolls around and I hear nothing from Derek, I didn’t think much of it at the time( maybe he was busy shipping fish etc.). Then another week goes by and nothing. Friends start messaging asking where he is and when are the rays coming so I non stop messaged Derek for a couple hours with no response. A week after this the actual importer of the rays messages asking if I’ve seen or heard from Derek. I soon learned from the importer (chayut kanawong) that Derek had never paid him and just disappeared with all of our money putting me out 4100$ and a couple friends put 1000+. Myself being furious started contacting family members of his with no avail. Mom...no response, finally my wife was able to get a hold of his cousin to which we learned he blew our money on drugs and is in rehab currently. He was telling ppl his dad passed which turned out to be a lie as well to buy time which I also learned from the cousin. This guy has scammed importers in the past which I’m sure some ppl have seen the post on fb a while ago and now his customers. I will never buy from this guy again and hope to prevent this from occurring to any of you in the future. God bless and happy holidays

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
I hear this all the time, he scams people and importers, its posted all over, but yet people and importers still do business with him, doesn't make the least bit of sense whatsoever. Just because he doesn't scam from one person doesn't mean he wont scam another. Just recently he scammed an exporter, the same exporter he scammed before. Derek wont last much longer in this business. If you ever hear a person is scamming someone else, is best not to do business with them, one scam is enough. I hear a lot of people say well he never scammed me, he sends me all my fish, while across the state or county he is scamming another person, that's how they work until eventually he takes a ton of money from everyone and he can longer be contacted. He also asks that you send friends and family, once you do that you are pretty much sol, that's another money avenue for him and other scammers. If you or others are still interested in a ray order I can pick up that order like I did the pre-orders of the Aussie Lungs. You can message me here if you or others are interested https://www.facebook.com/JasonsPlecosCichlids/

Screenshot_13.pngScreenshot_14.png

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
I hear this all the time, he scams people and importers, its posted all over, but yet people and importers still do business with him, doesn't make the least bit of sense whatsoever. Just because he doesn't scam from one person doesn't mean he wont scam another. Just recently he scammed an exporter, the same exporter he scammed before. Derek wont last much longer in this business. If you ever hear a person is scamming someone else, is best not to do business with them, one scam is enough. I hear a lot of people say well he never scammed me, he sends me all my fish, while across the state or county he is scamming another person, that's how they work until eventually he takes a ton of money from everyone and he can longer be contacted. He also asks that you send friends and family, once you do that you are pretty much sol, that's another money avenue for him and other scammers. If you or others are still interested in a ray order I can pick up that order like I did the pre-orders of the Aussie Lungs. You can message me here if you or others are interested https://www.facebook.com/JasonsPlecosCichlids/

View attachment 1396539View attachment 1396540
All valid points

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store