Diamond Sturgeon

Kingrancher2011

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2014
O-H-I-O
So I picked up a Diamond Sturgeon this evening and wanted to know if anyone ever had one or has one what is there growth rate in one year. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: BCindaHzHouse

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
With the proper diet and water maintenance, the diamond sturgeon can experience 10-12"of growth a year. This species growth rate is the 2nd fastest after the beluga sturgeon.

Be cautious of temperature as this species cannot tolerate temps above 77F for any long duration (research spiraling disease in sturgeon young). This species also demands a high DO so, heavy water turnover and aeration are a must.

BCindaHzHouse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2016
So I picked up a Diamond Sturgeon this evening and wanted to know if anyone ever had one or has one what is there growth rate in one year. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks
Hey kingrancher, where did u get the fish from? I have been looking all over for a few different varieties of sturgeon and only type i have found is siberian. Any chance they have more and will ship wherverr you got it from? 6092343692 is my # please let me know sir!

Kingrancher2011

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2014
O-H-I-O
Hey kingrancher, where did u get the fish from? I have been looking all over for a few different varieties of sturgeon and only type i have found is siberian. Any chance they have more and will ship wherverr you got it from? 6092343692 is my # please let me know sir!

BCindaHzHouse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2016
Kingrancher,
you responded or replied to my question but didn't say anything. Where did you get the diamonds from??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store