Did I just buy what I think I did???

ccp2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
united states
SCORE!! Exactly why I check the tanks on the P...Co & P...mart near me for mislabeled fish.
Even though I don't normally buy too many fish from them, I always have to look at them all. I bought the turquoise jewels from them because my LFS doesn't have any jewels at all. Every now and then they'll have a couple really cool fish

Happily married Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 15 gilled babies

ccp2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
united states
You do know EBJD are alot more delicate then regular JD correct?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I know they are more sensitive to water conditions...anything else I should know about? The water param that they're in right now is Ph: 7.8
Nitrite and Ammo: 0
Nitrate: 5

Any issues with the water conditions I have?

ChrisM101

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
Paris, AR,United States
  1. Herichthys carpintis, the lowland cichlid, pearlscale cichlid or green Texas cichlid, is a species of cichlid endemic to Mexico where it occurs in the Pánuco River drainage and the Soto La Marina River.

I dunno, though ive almost convinced myself that u have an ebjd....

ccp2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
united states
My LFS has green Texas and they're about the same size but don't have the same markings or the turquoise spangles like these have. I'll try to get better pics today. The blue is showing much better now that they aren't so stressed

ccp2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
united states
I bought another one yesterday for $4 :) I went to get plants because they were having a 30% off all fish and plants day and just couldn't resist buying the last one.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Hate to go against the flow and burst your bubble but they really don't look like EBJD to me. At least not the ones I have had. They have more spangles than the blue base coloring. Could you post some pics in of them in the tank to know for sure?

maxumum2

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2011
kenosha WI
There's a new craze for electric blue acara it looks like that to me

Sent from my SPH-L720T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store