discus................ya.......

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
so im settin up a 125 gallon tank to grow out my ornate, arowana,and stingray. and i cant thought i could put some discus in there to add some amazing blue hues and some activity to the middle. so i have some questions......

1) does the temerature really need to be insanely high? or would about 75 degrees suffice? cuz thats what my other fish seem to like.

2) i have the usual so.cal water (hard and high PH) so will the discus have problems with that??

3) lasty what kind of discus is this 1 (one in picture) cuz thats the kind i want!!!! lol

WILD%20GREEN%20DISCUS%2005.jpg

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
No clue but that would be a hella nice tank :) i love that discuss!

Dkarc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
#1: Yes, discus need a higher temp since...low 80's will work (82).

#2: as long as the pH is below the 8.2 mark (once aged) then they should be fine...if you want wild discus though, that is a slightly different story. They would need a pH no higher than 7.5ish...the lower the better when it comes to wilds.

#3: That is a wild blue discus. It has been color fed with spirulina to bring out the blue, and im sure its under a certain light to make it look that nice....because real wild blues wont look anywhere near that good.

-Ryan
Orlando Discus

rodclement

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2006
USA
That is my exact set-up, I have a silver arowana, a tea-cup (histryx) stingray, and about 6 discus, from 2 wilds similar to your picture to some asianvariations. The tank is at 85F and PH is around 7.2, everyone is doing well, I have had this set-up for over a year now, the difficult part is feeding he ray, make sure it gets it's food!

Rod

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store