Disease

The king nemo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2019
Help me fast
I have 4.5 inch srd flowerhorn male
I brought him 2 months ago he was doing good in the starting now suddenly a week ago his hump reduced and color also a day back ...
He is not very active like before and hides behind the filter ....
And his pectrol fin is also roted .....
He is in stress also ....

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Help me fast
I have 4.5 inch srd flowerhorn male
I brought him 2 months ago he was doing good in the starting now suddenly a week ago his hump reduced and color also a day back ...
He is not very active like before and hides behind the filter ....
And his pectrol fin is also roted .....
He is in stress also ....
Welcome to the forum TKN, but sorry we can't really help you (fast or slow) unless you provide us with more info:
a) What are your tested water parameters for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? If you don't have a test kit you really need one bro; if you're a student and likely on a budget I know they're not cheap but these can tell you (and others) so much about possible problems and causes.
b) Tank size? How often water changes?
c) Any tank mates?

Decent photo(s) if you can get are always helpful as well.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Would start with water quality. Get a liquid test kit and check ur water.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
certainly sounds like water issue, 2 months about right for it to all go off the rails, to echo what was asked water perams, ammonia,nitrite and nitrates. tank size, filtration and water change schedule. need this info to help you out.

The king nemo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2019
Welcome to the forum TKN, but sorry we can't really help you (fast or slow) unless you provide us with more info:
a) What are your tested water parameters for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? If you don't have a test kit you really need one bro; if you're a student and likely on a budget I know they're not cheap but these can tell you (and others) so much about possible problems and causes.
b) Tank size? How often water changes?
c) Any tank mates?

Decent photo(s) if you can get are always helpful as well.

Tank size 2 feet
I change the water 50percentage once in a week
No tank mates he is the king of his tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store