Dissolved oxygen levels on fish growth.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
I was browsing the Web tonight and came across this paper, thought a few might be interested.

Quick summary is higher oxygen levels improve growth rates and feed conversion rates. Meaning for the same amount of food the fish will put on more mass.

. The conclusion was that
oxygen saturation level has an effect on growth and feed conversion ratios of fish, and
in the case of Atlantic halibut, the growth rate is higher when the oxygen level is
between 80% and 120%. The feed conversion ratio for halibut was lower at 120%
oxygen saturation.
[/URL]

Reactions: islandguy11

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I was browsing the Web tonight and came across this paper, thought a few might be interested.

Quick summary is higher oxygen levels improve growth rates and feed conversion rates. Meaning for the same amount of food the fish will put on more mass.

. The conclusion was that
oxygen saturation level has an effect on growth and feed conversion ratios of fish, and
in the case of Atlantic halibut, the growth rate is higher when the oxygen level is
between 80% and 120%. The feed conversion ratio for halibut was lower at 120%
oxygen saturation.
[/URL]
That sounds very interesting, Thx for sharing. (but can you maybe re-post the link, that one's not working).

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
THE EFFECTS OF DISSOLVED OXYGEN ON FISH GROWTH
IN AQUACULTURE

Non of the lincs I have tried are working. Put this title in your search and should come up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store