DIY 600 GALLON PLYWOOD BOTTOM AQUARIUM..

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
Looking great man!

Aquaman6

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Just read through this whole thread and now I have the itch. Lol

Also interested in an update if you still have this up and running!

NCHornet

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2012
NC
Just looked at your build from start to finish, thank you for documenting the build so others can learn from it. To be honest I was really surprised that you were only using 1/2 temp glass. I see the 1x trim around the bottom of the vertical panels that help to keep everything together, but I'm still surprised it has all held together for you. Am I correct that the sections of glass at the top are overlapping at the corners? They look to be about 18" wide, and I assume you have lots of silicon on the overlapping corners, I suppose this will also help keep the vertical panels from separating. Was there anything but regular silicone sealing all this glass together and to the plywood bottom? Your cahoney's are a lot bigger than mine to pull this off, lol!!! Just curious if you had built another tank like this, or followed someone else who had built a similar tank? Sure helps others realize that you don't have to be limited by the size tanks manufactured, anything is possible if you are willing to get your hands busy. Thanks again for an outstanding project.

Reactions: kelz

john73738

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Nice. I built a 240 about 10 years ago, now I am looking to upgrade to 450-500 back/bottom plywood with glass sides and front. 96x32x36

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store