DIY Overflow Ver 9999

xx123j

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2010
Socal
Oh, I understand it now. What was throwing me off was that I thought that was just a plug haha. Thanks and again great design.

lnelms2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 27, 2008
Miamisburg, Ohio
Awesome design, I just finished mine. I should have it up and running tomorrow!

cypher1024

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2009
Australia
That's a very cool idea.
The traditional DIY overflow is a bit bulky, so anything to reduce the amount of piping in the tank gets a big thumbs up from me.

mel_cp6

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
t.dot
thats a good idea.
im wondering if its possible to make them half as short or even shorter.
how is it working out so far?

lnelms2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 27, 2008
Miamisburg, Ohio
Mine worked great BTW. I'm currently not using it anymore but I'm about to build a smaller one for my SW Setup.

Bushpig2

Feeder Fish
Feb 4, 2011
San Diego
Thanks for the idea, it works great when its runs, but when I kill the power, the siphon doesn't start back up. I have the "T" at the bottom of the outer 2" pipe, but I don't have the hole drilled at the top of the outer 2", is that my problem with the siphon not starting back up?

I also don't have the airline tubing at the top to start the siphon as I just fill the outer 2" with water, slide the 1" "U" back in, open the ball valveand the siphon starts, so I didn't think it was nessesary

forgottenx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2010
ca
Bushpig2;4858549; said:
Thanks for the idea, it works great when its runs, but when I kill the power, the siphon doesn't start back up. I have the "T" at the bottom of the outer 2" pipe, but I don't have the hole drilled at the top of the outer 2", is that my problem with the siphon not starting back up?

I also don't have the airline tubing at the top to start the siphon as I just fill the outer 2" with water, slide the 1" "U" back in, open the ball valveand the siphon starts, so I didn't think it was nessesary
that sounds odd as hell, can you post a pic of you overflow, it sounds like its the T positioning...

18fisher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
rahway nj
need help i made these overflows and dont work great they work then pause and fill tank up then all of a sudden they kick in and drain real fast but the soon or later lose prime is it because i dont have hole drilled in outside 2" pipe also my tee is about a foot lower than the inside of tank i will try to get some pics up but new to site thks 18 fisher

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store