DIY Stand Build Compilation

Devaji108

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2020
if people are looking to DIY a stand. look around ( the web) for rocket engineer's DIY aquarium stand plans. way over build but worth every penny. ( not that much just 2x4s but build in a very soild way ) I have build and seen many reefers use it where we often time have several thousand some times $10K-$20K in live stock and corals.
so the stand have to be build proof.
hope this helps any one on there DIY journey.

cvar

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2010
usa
I'll append my DIY 125g aquarium stand and my DIY 60" light hood to this DIY sticky.

The stand was built from a freebie office desk, freebie kitchen countertops, and freebie kitchen cabinet doors. I discarded the desk drawers & kept only the 1" thick slabs that were the original top & ends of the desk. But I shortened the length, width & height to suit my 125g tank. The desk & kitchen countertops were both coated with waterproof plastic laminate, so they were perfect for a tank stand. The beauty of this stand is its wide open interior cavity.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Do these links actually work or are they just broken for me?
Let me know which ones aren't working for you. I'll see what I can do about fixing and updating.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Let me know which ones aren't working for you. I'll see what I can do about fixing and updating.
Post #2 links go to page not found and #3 opens in a separate window but nothing there.

Reactions: jamesucla

stechappo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2019
Started my DIY 6x2ft stand on the 8th June had tank installed by the 10th, Bought 40 Concrete blocks, 6ftx2ft hardwood sheet, 8ftx4ft 1" polystyrene sheet, cost a total of £72 to make.

40blocks.jpg

stand1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

light2.jpg

Reactions: dr exum and deeda
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store