DIY Stand Question

Bud_Man_Jr

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2006
Evansville, Wisconsin
Does anybody have any good guide to bottom corner drilled reef ready tanks? Most diy guides have the vertical support guides/backers running right up into where my bulkhead will be. Im using 2x6 and wondering if i can cut the vertical guides in the back short from the top so that way i can clear a bulkhead and a 90.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Does anybody have any good guide to bottom corner drilled reef ready tanks? Most diy guides have the vertical support guides/backers running right up into where my bulkhead will be. Im using 2x6 and wondering if i can cut the vertical guides in the back short from the top so that way i can clear a bulkhead and a 90.
I had the same problem with my bottom drilled tank. You start building your stand and you soon realise the corner support on many of the designs is slap bang in the way of where your bulkhead goes. I've attached 2 pictures. One shows where the corner support has been used and the other shows where i've had to leave the corner support out due to the bulkhead. Thankfully the corner support in question isn't the only load bearing part of the stand. So basically leaving out that one corner support doesn't affect the integrity of the stand one iota. Hope this helps.

20171015_144058.jpg

20171015_144035.jpg

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
I oversized my stand slightly and double layered ply on top to allow for the holes to clear

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store