Do fish watch TV?

merc123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
North GA
Mine do. My giraffe hap cichlid will swim in the front, left corner of the tank looking right at the TV. That is the only place the fish can "see" the TV and he will stay there for several minutes without moving and watch the movie with me. He'll get bored I guess and swim about the plants but then return there.

twitchynose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Are you sure he's not just looking for you? A lot of fish will recognize the people who feed them. Mine go nuts every time I walk past the tank.

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
I would say yes they do.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
merc123;898916; said:
Mine do. My giraffe hap cichlid will swim in the front, left corner of the tank looking right at the TV. That is the only place the fish can "see" the TV and he will stay there for several minutes without moving and watch the movie with me. He'll get bored I guess and swim about the plants but then return there.
They also use your MFK username while you are gone and post on the board.

rob0521

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2007
south florida
mine hides when the fishing shows and the food channel comes on

ercnan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2006
The End Of The Yellow Brick Road
ewurm;898974; said:
They also use your MFK username while you are gone and post on the board.
:D :D :grinno: :grinno: :popcorn: :popcorn:

AnDr3w

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
Davie, FL
My oscar loves t.v.

Hell act dead when I dont feed him or watch t.v. at night. Hell get all pale and he lets his body drift around and he gets stuck on the filter intake. But when I shake the food up hell darken up and swim on the glass and he will be all better. He is a little off. lol.

merc123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
North GA
lol

Mine go nuts too when I walk past the tank. Lately they've become skiddish though because I took my Acei out and stripped her recently so they think I'm going to net them.

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
AnDr3w;899031; said:
My oscar loves t.v.

Hell act dead when I dont feed him or watch t.v. at night. Hell get all pale and he lets his body drift around and he gets stuck on the filter intake. But when I shake the food up hell darken up and swim on the glass and he will be all better. He is a little off. lol.
Could he be trying to sleep?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store