Do I have enough light

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
I’ve recently decided to convert my 135 into a planted tank, I currently have 6 thorichthys meeki, 2 thorichthys pasionis, a jack dempsey and some swordtails.
I’ve have been trying out some plants in the last month or so and they’re doing well so I decided to buy some more. Currently I have alternanthera sessilis, some different types of ludwigia, some different crypts, hygrophilia and Bacopa monnieri. I’ve ordered some more ludwigia and some blyxa japonica. I’m worried I don’t have enough light though. I only have two 60w LED floodlights at about 6” above the tank. Is this enough or do I need more. I could add another 30w floodlight I have. I’m very new to plants so any advice would be appreciated. The substrate is sand and I need to keep it like that for the thorichthys so I can’t change that but I Add root tabs and liquid ferts.

Reactions: tlindsey

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Plants such as the crypts will benefit from having root tabs...

Sadly im not familiar with the fish you are keeping, but you may want to try some bucephaplandra sp. of plants...

They come in a wide variety of sizes and colors and can be grown similar to anubias (except buce grows even slower than anubias)...

As for your lighting, if the spread of light is covering the plants that need it most you should be good, then around the areas which are more shaded you can try growing stuff like anubias and buce...

Reactions: Bertie07

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
Plants such as the crypts will benefit from having root tabs...

Sadly im not familiar with the fish you are keeping, but you may want to try some bucephaplandra sp. of plants...

They come in a wide variety of sizes and colors and can be grown similar to anubias (except buce grows even slower than anubias)...

As for your lighting, if the spread of light is covering the plants that need it most you should be good, then around the areas which are more shaded you can try growing stuff like anubias and buce...
Okay thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store