Do we see some potential ?

Carpintis Keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2012
INDIA
Hi everyone...
Today, I got a new flowerhorn, possibly a male... Was just wondering what is the probability of "him" getting a hump !? Can it be a promising grow out ? What would you all say ? The pictures might not be that clear.. will try to upload some better pictures soon..

IMG_20191108_223909147.jpg

IMG_20191108_223634960.jpg

IMG_20191108_223125353.jpg

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
This FH could end up having a nice sized head. This fh looks very thin, possibly not very well cared for or fed??? Either way give him/her regular water changes and high quality food and he/she will show you what its potential is. What size tank is it in?? What foods are you feeding it?? Its still too soon for me to call gender with this fh.

Reactions: Carpintis Keeper

Carpintis Keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2012
INDIA
This FH could end up having a nice sized head. This fh looks very thin, possibly not very well cared for or fed??? Either way give him/her regular water changes and high quality food and he/she will show you what its potential is. What size tank is it in?? What foods are you feeding it?? Its still too soon for me to call gender with this fh.
Thanks for the response... The lfs owner said that he just had a growth spurt from 2" to 3.5", so maybe that's the reason. And yeah, this was kind of rescue.. "he" was stuffed in 18" tank at lfs, currently I have kept it in a 3', planning to upgrade soon...

The Silvs

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2019
Leeds UK
Flowerhorns do grow in spurts it's true. I've also found my hump growth was accelerated by krill feeds. He loves it but only twice a week. Is he/she on its own in there ?

Carpintis Keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2012
INDIA
Flowerhorns do grow in spurts it's true. I've also found my hump growth was accelerated by krill feeds. He loves it but only twice a week. Is he/she on its own in there ?
Yes, he is the only one in the tank... Although I have bought a nice srd proven female for him in advance.. maybe I am going too fast for him.. hehehe He shouldn't feel alone at the end of the day ! ??

The Silvs

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2019
Leeds UK
On Wednesday bash my FH male will b3 meeting my two albino bichir for the first time. I really really hope he keeps his cool. He won't win that fight :(

The Silvs

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2019
Leeds UK
Im scared his tank boss personality is larger than his teeth right now. Hope my bichir don't react badly :/

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Dont add any other fish to the tank with your new fh. Give it at least a few weeks to settle in, start eating, and getting healthy. You are going to stress that fh out by adding a female. DON'T DO IT.

Carpintis Keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2012
INDIA
Dont add any other fish to the tank with your new fh. Give it at least a few weeks to settle in, start eating, and getting healthy. You are going to stress that fh out by adding a female. DON'T DO IT.
Currently she is also adjusting in other tank of mine.. I won't be mixing them anywhere before a week.. and yeah he has already started taking a good diet... ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store