Does anyones fish keeping hoby get them in trouble

aussiesk8

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2008
West Coast of Scotland
Alex8947;2713086; said:
yeeeaaa my mom wasnt to happy wen i first told her it was 7ft tank lol but we have space at our store
haha i bet, once she sees the possibilities of a tank of that size im sure she will love it.

Freezekougra

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
cichlid2006;2345952; said:
i would imagine most parents would be ok you spending your time and money on fish and tanks cos it could be spent on much worse things, like drugs and alcohol. i would be very proud if my kids were so mature about a hobby and leading a good path into adulthood.
well done you!:headbang2
not for me...
my dad saw his friend at a LFS so he brought home 45 feeders for $1.50 and told me to put it in my 55g cus it looked empty with the small pair of convicts I was trying to breed, i don't think he was happy when i said i wanted to return em to the store for free :D:D

aussiesk8

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2008
West Coast of Scotland
I have never been that much of an impulsive person, but since i started keeping fish i have become incredibly impulsive i think that grinds my folks gears, when i talk about what my new plans are. Apparently im now as changeable as our scottish weather and we often get the 4 seasons in one day

aussiesk8

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2008
West Coast of Scotland
wexphin88;2709325; said:
Hey, Yeah i just started my first im 15 i got a 75g custom with a flu-val mostly south africans, but some flowerhorns. my dad has always been supportive as hes also obsessed with fish.
Thats cool man, im sure if i stayed with my dad he would be a bit more supportive. I think my mum just sees it as a chore whilst im away at sea. Although she does enjoy my slider turtles

vwilliams1475

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rochester, NY
financially- with my mom and my gf. but i did get a part time job at my LFS to help pay for new things saving up for a bigger tank i am just not sure how big and then was thinking i will buy all the filters first then the tank. i mean would suck to have a big tank and then cant set it up. tho my mother was not happy for a while till i started making her a little green house out of a tank to start her plants in for her garden :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store