Dojo Loach companions (that aren't boring)

OutbackJack

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2023
Like the title says, I'm on the hunt for dojo loach companions that aren't boring. I know Bala Sharks should be a good fit for them.

Basically, my fiancee bought two loaches for me and she's been keeping them in her 25G tank. However, they're too rowdy for their tank mates so I'm gonna transfer them to my 150G tank. (The main culprit I named Buck Wild).

However, nearly everything I see that Google says is compatible with them just seem... boring.

Reactions: tlindsey

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Dojos are hilarious..my kid has a few and she hand feeds them, pets them, and they will actually sit in her hand under water.

She has since then tried a bunch of other loaches and none get close to their silly personalities except sumo loaches. They also do ridiculous antics like perch on filter hoses or on top of leaves, peek out of small crevices, and chase each other around from rock to rock

OutbackJack

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2023
Dojos are hilarious..my kid has a few and she hand feeds them, pets them, and they will actually sit in her hand under water.

She has since then tried a bunch of other loaches and none get close to their silly personalities except sumo loaches. They also do ridiculous antics like perch on filter hoses or on top of leaves, peek out of small crevices, and chase each other around from rock to rock
Yea, they've grown to be some of my favorite fish. It's like watching dogs play.

Also, they're ravenous as hell. One reason I wanna move them so the mollies and betas have a chance to eat. These dang dojos act a fool when food hits the water

Stephen St.Clair

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
I keep a couple of Altus Tinfoil Barbs with my Loaches. They are the smaller variety of Tinfoil. Mine topped out at eight inches. Altus
Tinfoils are very active & peaceful. A 150 gal. tank is plenty big for a few of them.

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Yea, they've grown to be some of my favorite fish. It's like watching dogs play.

Also, they're ravenous as hell. One reason I wanna move them so the mollies and betas have a chance to eat. These dang dojos act a fool when food hits the water
Yeah, they eat constantly lol.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
With your tank size you have plenty of options, here are some that may interest you:

1. Goldfish (tons of personality, especially fancy ones, quite comical in nature)

2. Rosy Barbs (you could have a sizable school with plenty of action)

3. White Cloud Minnows (you could have a massive school with also provides plenty of action)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store