*******DONT ASK IF THEY'RE BANNED************

bookworm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2011
Texas, U.S.A
Actually, if you have a waste water plant management license, and an exotic animal permit from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, you can own any snake heads you want here in Texas, but since i have neither,
it really doesn't matter anyway...........

coflowerhornguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2014
denver co
Sorry for pulling up an old thread but I was at lfs and was talking with an older gentlemen about snake heads he was saying in colorado it is not illegal to own and keep but it is illegal to transport over state lines I dont understand how that works but if that is true and I were to find some one who breeds them like I may or may not have what would be the federal case and what could they do about it?

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
I wish I can have snake heads. Jk I can!! Muwahaha! Because only info I can find is. Channa Argus being banned here.

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

coflowerhornguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2014
denver co
Man that list makes no sense I just bought a florida gar from the lfs and I live in denver I would assume the lfs would not sell them if they were band in co but I think I will call the fish and game on Monday what do u think the penalty could be for owning a band fish?

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
Man that list makes no sense I just bought a florida gar from the lfs and I live in denver I would assume the lfs would not sell them if they were band in co but I think I will call the fish and game on Monday what do u think the penalty could be for owning a band fish?
Probably a fine and take the fish.

Unless it's endangered a guy in my city got jail time for smuggling illegal corals and reef rock

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
i just notice that no one is selling snakeheads in Canada anymore, even in legal provinces. Guess the vendors don't want to face any possible hassles with the law in the future.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store