Aquatank

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 30, 2017
california
aquatank134.wixsite.com
hey guys this a lesson that i myself have been throught,
never ever do water changes keeping your HEATER running or in working condition as it messes up the whole process and you eventually need to buy the new HEATER, and its not cheap as you think it will be if you mess up like this

TIP :-
ALWAYS TURN OFF THE SWITCH WHILE "WATEER CHANGES"
or else you will here a pop sound that is pretty terrifying and could lead to "DEATH OF THE FISHES"

Jeanettie

Feeder Fish
Jun 5, 2017
hey guys this a lesson that i myself have been throught,
never ever do water changes keeping your HEATER running or in working condition as it messes up the whole process and you eventually need to buy the new HEATER, and its not cheap as you think it will be if you mess up like this

TIP :-
ALWAYS TURN OFF THE SWITCH WHILE "WATEER CHANGES"
or else you will here a pop sound that is pretty terrifying and could lead to "DEATH OF THE FISHES"
Very good advice.... I think we've all done it at least once. Aqua One now make heaters that turn off automatically. I have these type in my tanks now and feel a lot more comfortable.

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Also its good to make sure the heaters are properly "secured" for the very same reason. Had an Oscar that once broke an unbreakable heater by tossing it halfway out of the tank. >.<
I know Oscars can be destructive but,wow.

badassissimo

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Mansfield, Louisiana, U.S.A.
I haven't had bad enough luck with this I guess. I had my heaters at the bottom of the tank for the longest but recently dried and resealed them. Now I have them standing up near water flow. I don't drain very low when I do water changes though. Perhaps this is the difference?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store