MFK Member
Nov 16, 2005
England
jim barry;781682; said:
Hello mate, how you doin ? Have you just bought this ? Nice ray
Hi Jim, not bad mate, yourself?
I've had him about a year or so, since he was 3"

DavidW;781693; said:
I think this is more commonly known as a marbled ray, and looking at its tail I would guess that it is some kind of cross, but not a true motoro.
Pretty ray
:)
Thanks David :)
Two groups of them were imported to the UK early last year. They all had the same background colour & a few of them had the strange histrix like pattern like this one.
They were labled as motoro & came from the rio tigre. Its tail is very motoro like.
I've attached a pic taken when i first bought him

IMG_4503.JPG

Waldo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Spokane WA
I don't see Motoro in the tail either. Rio Tigre isn't commonly farmed out of am I right?

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
very nice ray...interesting pattern

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
flyingsaucer owner;781711; said:

Not too bad thanks mate. Still dreaming of a bigger tank. My female Orb/Humerosa has topped 18" disc now and she needs more space ! The Peru Motoro i got the other week has settled nicely but still not eating cockles and the like yet, only like earthworms ! But she is great to watch as she is a tank cruiser, floats through the centre of the tank and looks so cool !

flyingsaucer owner

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2005
England
jim barry;781887; said:
flyingsaucer owner;781711; said:

Not too bad thanks mate. Still dreaming of a bigger tank. My female Orb/Humerosa has topped 18" disc now and she needs more space ! The Peru Motoro i got the other week has settled nicely but still not eating cockles and the like yet, only like earthworms ! But she is great to watch as she is a tank cruiser, floats through the centre of the tank and looks so cool !
good stuff :headbang2
What tank are u looking at?
Any pics of the motoro, I love how active motoro are. She will soon be eating u out of house & home mate :)

rvrrays

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Kalamazoo, Michigan
FSO,

That is a very cool little ray. The pattern is very interesting. The tail looks motoro to me and the pattern is motoro like.

I can't quite put my finger on it. It has some mantilla like characteristics and the spotting does flow in histrix type patterns.

Great looking fish. You get the most interesting rays.

Colin

flyingsaucer owner

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2005
England
rvrrays;782048; said:
FSO,

That is a very cool little ray. The pattern is very interesting. The tail looks motoro to me and the pattern is motoro like.

I can't quite put my finger on it. It has some mantilla like characteristics and the spotting does flow in histrix type patterns.

Great looking fish. You get the most interesting rays.

Colin

Thanks Colin :) I know what u mean about the histrix patterns :grinyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store