Dorado August update

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
They are growing out in a 90g with a 10" Midas and they rip his trailers lol...
Oh yeah they do that
They just don't give a damn

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Do you still have the mala wolf? Would like to see the 4' alligator gar too? Just flicked through your threads, some great species you've kept.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Thank you.

I lost the mala wolf to my bichirs, when I shifted him to the bichir tank.

The mala was close to 7".

Reactions: moe214

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
Thank you, yup that's a bagarius, close to 20-21" would be my guess. Almost 3 years now, it was 4-5" when I got him back then
I've always wanted one just a little concerned with some of the issues I hear in raising them. Seems you are having success. Any suggestions? Water temp?

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
I've always wanted one just a little concerned with some of the issues I hear in raising them. Seems you are having success. Any suggestions? Water temp?
I started with three bagarius, two low land goonch(West bengal) and one high land goonch(Arunachal Pradesh).

Grew them together, their main diet has always been tilapia fillet, well oxygenated tanks, and my filter pump has an inbuilt jet to keep a strong current in the tank.

Initially tried to keep them in the mahseer tank, but the mahseer are very voracious when it comes to food, and the bagarius were starving, so eventually moved them to the Dorado tank.

My tanks have 6' sumps, the pump is at 5 times the tank volume. Since I live in tropical climates, I don't bother with temperature control, except during winters.
The highest temps during summer would be 27-28deg celcius, the lowest winter temps I have never checked.

I lost my high land goonch first, he died during a time when I was a bit busy with work and wasn't able to go to the fish room for a few days, one of the cats had puked , and this had poisoned the tank, lost a 14" p. Cochliodon along with it.

The second goonch which was the biggest of them all at 24" , I lost when there was a 14 hr power shutdown.

This last remaining goonch is also from West Bengal, he was the runt of the three, but he is doing well now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store