Dorado eye injury/infection

.C.J.

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 12, 2011
my dorado had a fight with my armatus a few days ago. The armatus probably got one of the dorado's eye injured. The first few days there was only a red spot on the dorado's eye then the next morning his eye started to become cloudy and started to swell a little. I moved him in a hospital tank for now in which i do 25% water changes daily and adding some salt to the tank to help with the healing. He's in his hospital tank now for 4 days i believe and since then the red spot was already gone but his eye is still cloudy (no more swelling). I was wondering if his eye will be normal again or maybe he'll just go blind :( any suggestions on what should i do to help him out. I dont have any medications for him so i just try to keep the water quality to be at the best condition

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Usually clean and a little salt, 1 tsp per gallon is enough. If ur worried about it maracyn2 works well for eye issues, especially if it’s getting worse. Post some pics.

Reactions: tlindsey

.C.J.

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 12, 2011
This was him 4 days ago when i first transferred him into his hospital tank. Right now the red area is gone. But his eye is still cloudy. How long do you think will it take for it to go back to normal. Sorry for the crappy pic i'll try to take a pic of him tomorrow morning

IMG_6771.PNG

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
If taken care of properly it’sd be weeks.

.C.J.

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 12, 2011
Update on my dorado: his eye still looks the same im not sure if he's getting better :(

IMG_6795.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store