dorado gone insane

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
A-ah, I should have guessed it was a wyckii. You and your black catfish fetish :)

Ever since cheap $5 wyckiis disappeared some years ago, I've not had any yet. Can't bring myself to paying $100 for what was $5 just around the corner, disregarding size difference.

Yea, thanks for the analysis. Pretty gruesome analysis... haha... I have much to learn about the dorados. This is my first one ever, from Rapps also.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
A-ah, I should have guessed it was a wyckii. You and your black catfish fetish :)

Ever since cheap $5 wyckiis disappeared some years ago, I've not had any yet. Can't bring myself to paying $100 for what was $5 just around the corner, disregarding size difference.

Yea, thanks for the analysis. Pretty gruesome analysis... haha... I have much to learn about the dorados. This is my first one ever, from Rapps also.
Lol right. I regret it now, I like the fish, but it was irresponsible. But I guess it'll be like many other fish, a learning experience. I'd give it to you for free if you were closer because of this and because I know you can take care of it. It is a tough fish. My wolf has beat it to the point I thought it wasn't gonna make it since he fought back so much and then couldn't outrun the curupira like the gold wolf and odoe can. Now he's healed completely. One thing that has surprised me was his trailers have remained intact through it all. I took pictures of all of the bad to one day share the other side of the table, the side where the wyckii isn't the boss.

And yea, I believe he had them labeled as brassiliensis, but cb. Frankies are the only cb dorado that we know of. There are few reports of true brassiliensis in the US. And between those few, they're known to behave quite different from frankies, much less aggressive, though still very capable. I believe rapps to have frankies.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I appreciate the knowledge (and the wyckii gesture) . I didn't know any of this about the dorados, other than there are 4 species. Yes, Jeff Rapps labeled them as brasiliensis.

Took me a few minutes to figure out what "cb" meant. Captive bred. :)

Reactions: moe214
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store