Dormitator maculatus "Sleeper Goby, Fat Sleeper, Jade Sleeper Goby"

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Its very possible mine could be (especially if it hitched a ride in ships ballast) , these species are extraordinarily similar so very hard to tell apart, I believe the spiny cheek, is most normally most common in the Atlantic side from Florida to Brazil,
The picta is more common in the Pacific, California to Peru, and I live 10 miles off the coast of Panama in the Pacific, smack dab in the middle of that range.
8B6306C0-79EC-4839-AE25-1A00F2B26CEE_1_201_a.jpeg

WOLF2013

Banned
MFK Member
May 2, 2018
Lake Worth Florida
www.youtube.com
Sorry been off for a while I do have lots of gobys I have large scale spiny cheaks, fat sleepers,Jade's, goby darters,emerald gobys,and crescent gobys. I'll give away free if you can explain how I would ship these guys and keep alive you can have one of each lol
I am in West Palm Beach. I want 2 jade goby, and fat sleepers. Could we possibly meet somewhere?

Jaymesy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2019
Daytona Beach fl
You in West Palm FL im sure if you take a dip net to any shallow stream thats brackesh and drag around shoreline you will catch so many jads that you will eventually see them as a fish you don't want to catch i get like 25 to 30 a day just catching feeder Molly's and mosquito fish and i got to go threw and out back cause my ciclids won't eat gobys and my pond is full of fat sleepers thay are in almost every place i fish at all up and down coastline from full salt to fresh but i come to West Palm alot fish lake Ida and the cannals if i plan a trip soon i can just catch you some if you not into dip netting i know a few were i can get larg mouth sleepers and Jade's all day

Reactions: WOLF2013

WOLF2013

Banned
MFK Member
May 2, 2018
Lake Worth Florida
www.youtube.com
You in West Palm FL im sure if you take a dip net to any shallow stream thats brackesh and drag around shoreline you will catch so many jads that you will eventually see them as a fish you don't want to catch i get like 25 to 30 a day just catching feeder Molly's and mosquito fish and i got to go threw and out back cause my ciclids won't eat gobys and my pond is full of fat sleepers thay are in almost every place i fish at all up and down coastline from full salt to fresh but i come to West Palm alot fish lake Ida and the cannals if i plan a trip soon i can just catch you some if you not into dip netting i know a few were i can get larg mouth sleepers and Jade's all day
I am not sure how to fish, I haven't done it in a while. If you could get a couple jades and other goby for me I would be happy. I would be willing to take like 3 or 4.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store