Double Syphon?

Snackx

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2013
New Jerzy
Hi guys it's been a long time since I posted...I was recently scavenging around my aquarium stuff and I found another syphon tube which belongs to the overflow box..I currently just have one flowing to the double tubes wherein it's making on and off gargling noises ..do you think I should add this one? I'm kinda worried my sump might overflow..how much of a benefit would I get??..much help appreciated thanks!

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
The sump wont overflow! Having one tube in the box will just make the flow through that one pipe stronger. If you add another then it will "share" the sucking force. I use two in my 2400gph sump instead of three or four as i was getting bubbles in the tube leading to one lossing its suction. Experimenting with the U tubes wont get rid off the gurling sound. The way I fixed mine is by having one tube always submerged and having the other one taking about 30% of the draining water. This and some airline tubing in the pipe solved my gurgling noise which is very very loud.. Sounding like the ocean in my den lol but now its dead silent.

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
Your overflow is designed to drain as much water coming back into the tank from your sump's return pump, assuming your pump was matched for your overflow. I'm surprised your sump isn't drying up without the other siphon in use, unless your pump is not rated high enough for that much drainage. As far as gurgling noises, build yourself a Stockman Standpipe or something similar. You can search Google for build tips. I made one for my overflow and it works great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store