Doubt On Compatibility

Rahsk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2017
Greetings everyone,

I have been doing some research on the husbandry of Nandus nebulosus , leopard ctenopoma and the asian climbing perch (Anabas testudineus) there's been a persistent doubt that I feel would be good to clear with experienced aquarists out there.

Doubts
- Can Nandus sp. be reared together with the leopard ctenopoma (provided that they are both of similar size)?

- I have read of reports on the asian climbing perch being very aggressive towards tankmates while other reports present them as a fairly peaceful species. I am interested to house my Ctenopoma sp. & Nandus sp. with the asian climbing perch, however I do not want to lose either fish to the perch. Would it be suitable?

- How active is the asian climbing perch in an aquarium that mimics its natural habitat?

Thank you all for your time!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I've had both together and now have my nandus by itself.

Its aggressive toward smaller fish even my own nandus from prior. Small fish will be predated on. But as long as the fish are as big as the perch it should be fine. Large nandus should be ok but smaller ones may get bullied. A small perch will tolerates tankmates as it grows with other fish and kept fed. It will vary from fish to fish as far as temperment.

Basically try and see what happens. Keep plants decor and a divider in case.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store