Dragon eel....

Dovii dude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2006
Massachusetts
www.Tanbusters.com
Just got 1,he is about 6-7 inches long,this has got to be 1 of the most majestic fish i have ever seen!!With its pink face and blue body,not to mention its top fins,this fish is gorgeous!!Anyone own 1 or ever have??Any info is greatly appreciated!!!Pics would be really cool.:naughty:

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Are you refering to one of the dragon moray enchelycore paradalis, or are you talking about the dragon goby, gobioides broussonnetii, fish from freshwater?

mudskipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Hastings, NE
first of all, it only has the monster look. it is harmless. almost blind. the most dangerous looking thing about it, the mouth, is actually harmless, the throught is tiny. it can't even get down a baby neon. slightly brackish, completly community. alot of people asoume they are aggressive and preditory, so they put there dragons with simalar fish like cichlids, and they get killed. they look great with neons.

fishcatch22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
anchorage, alaska
they are harmless to all but the tiniest fish, thought they can and will hit almost 2 feet in total length. they need mid range BW and live/frozen worm foods and other stuff like that.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
They are detritus feeders in the wild, the best luck that I have had with them was with well soaked flake food and filter gunk injected into a patch of sand, brine shrimp (including dead ones, and most of all tubifex or black worms. The biggest problem is that they are not aggresive feeders so other fish often get the chow before they do. Do a forum search for broussonettii or dragon eels, there are a couple great threads, good pic of a large one here http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17482&page=3&pp=10&highlight=violet+goby

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
loyaluntodeath;619711; said:
yea...i have dragon gobys at my store and i need to know what they eat...
I primarily feed mine Wardley shrimp pellets as they break up and are very easy for them to eat, aside from that they will get algae waefers and raw shrimp that has been cut up into fine pieces. They will also eat blood worms but I'm allergic so I can't feed those..

If they are in a tank with other bottom dwellers try to get some food near their head since they are basically blind and they have a hard time competing for food.

Here is a good article on them.. and yes.. most of the pics pics in the article are of mine :D

Dragon Goby Article

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
thay have some at my lfs thay put rosy red minnows in thare thinking thay would eat them becuse of those huge mothes but thay are harmless and are pretty slow so keep that in mind when you look for tankmates

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store