Dragon Puffer care tips and feeding

Garr218

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi all,

I'm planning the get a dragon puffer next week and have doing research. I'm getting some conflicting information about their diet. Some say they don't require shelled foods for their beaks while some do.

If you have experience with them what are your thoughts on this? And any additional care tips that I should know about?

Thank you!

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi all,

I'm planning the get a dragon puffer next week and have doing research. I'm getting some conflicting information about their diet. Some say they don't require shelled foods for their beaks while some do.

If you have experience with them what are your thoughts on this? And any additional care tips that I should know about?

Thank you!
Joshuakahan Joshuakahan

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
They are piscivores by nature and no they dont seem to have issues with over grown teeth from my experience with them…

It can also be like owning pet rocks at times as they rarely swim around and tend to stay in one spot most of the time…

Finally becareful if you have tank mates as they are ambush predators that sometimes bury in substrate to attack from below…

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store