Drip for nano setups

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
If your using a container for the water you don't need a pressure regulator. The rest should work well just don't over water the plants.

Dr Joe

TheBloodyIrish

Feeder Fish
Mar 3, 2007
Grande Prairie, Canada
Eh, I guess you don't, now that I think about it. I may be a genius when it come to electrical, but I am a plumbing nightmare. :ROFL:

Kinda hard to overwater a Wandering Jew or Golden Pothos. :naughty:

Now... to get some airline hoses, a carbon filter, silicone, a container of some sort and that inline valve!

fishdance

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
If your using a water holding tank then you dont really need a carbon filter either. Just top up the water holding tank when necessary and add some neutraliser. Alternatively if you already have the carbon filter I would remove the water holding tank and just drip straight from a dedicated water tap (via carbon filter) into tanks. I drip directly into my tanks without a cabon filter but my tanks are larger. In a 72 hour period, the amount I drip in compared to tank volume is about 10% so a tiny amount of chlorine is okay.

If your stuck for a small water tap, just use airline hose and airline taps. I use them to feed infusoria 24/7 to fry tanks.

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
TheBloodyIrish;962367; said:
...a genius when it come to electrical, but I am a plumbing nightmare...
Electrical work is plumbing for electrons. Plumbing for water is all the simple stuff in electronics; the parts just have different names.

TheBloodyIrish

Feeder Fish
Mar 3, 2007
Grande Prairie, Canada
Thanks for the metaphor, it is just that I grew up dealing with electrical and electronics. The closest I have done plumbing is using a python to do water changes...

The idea here is to make this maintenance-free as possible, which you have suspected. It is also to make everything localized to a desktop or nightstand in someone's office or bedroom without piping to the nearest tap source or drilling through a wall.

So in essential... you have a portable constant water changer that keep the water parameters stabilized as much as possible which only need topping off.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store