Drop-Eye, current knowledge (2019) ?

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Here's a little update 24k now doesn't have DE or upward tilted eye, both it's eyes look normal now.

Will try and get a video this Sunday
Wow, probably the coolest thing I've heard recently Jibran, not too many Aros recover from DE regardless of the cause, well done. But given the whole weirdness of the 2 eyes being opposite, not to mention the suspected cause, in a strange way maybe it shouldn't be super shocking (esp. if he was recovering in that big pond).

In any case great news, upon seeing 2 normal eyes once again I'll bet you did at least a decent Tiger Woods like fist pump :)

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Wow, probably the coolest thing I've heard recently Jibran, not too many Aros recover from DE regardless of the cause, well done. But given the whole weirdness of the 2 eyes being opposite, not to mention the suspected cause, in a strange way maybe it shouldn't be super shocking (esp. if he was recovering in that big pond).

In any case great news, upon seeing 2 normal eyes once again I'll bet you did at least a decent Tiger Woods like fist pump :)
I was completely disappointed when I noticed the DE first time, I have kept quite a few arowana in my earlier days as well, this was the first DE. I was keeping this one in the tank inside my flat, and wanted to photograph him before he went to the pond, but after I saw the DE just didn't want to.

I put him in the pond thinking, the constant swimming area, the clean water should help not worsen the problem, I wasn't sure it would go away, which is a very happy surprise. I sure am elated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store