Duckweed

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
Do you feed every day/sitting for your bichir? You freeze it? What is bsfl?
I feed every other day for my bichir with the food, and he may get pellets between each day. Yes i freeze it, that's how it works... BSFL is black soldier fly larvae, its like one of the best foods nutritionally out there.

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
I have mixed duckweed with batches of Repashy. All my fish eat it, but among the ones who relish it, Flagtail Prochilodus, SDs (Metynnis), Bosemani rainbows, Ancistrus plecos, but really, all my fish.
Rainbows go crazy for duckweed but seem to leave it floating, I find that they only eat it when i blend then freeze it (they will eat just plain blended duckweed). The plecos love it to

koipie doll

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2013
milwaukee, wisconsin
I have an OVER ABUNDANCE of duckweed in my 75g. Stocked with yo-yo loaches, Cory cats, BN pleco, balloon rams, and endlers. (I know they’re not monsters, but I don’t have space for any setup that big). (I can only dream at this point). Anyway I digress. Does anyone have good recipes with duckweed that would satisfy requirements for any of, if not all of these types of fish? I prefer flake form. Easier to store. Don’t have to worry too much about protein, as they get spoiled on bloodworms in the evening.

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
If you let t dry out in a pan, and mixed with soil, it makes an excellent organic medium for garden plants. In fat t, it does not need to be dried out. If you have an overabundance, then you can harvest more or more often. But one does need to be careful not to allow any risk of it getting into any outdoor bodies of water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store