Dumbest display tank you've ever seen?

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I like the black gar. I’ve never seen one before. The glass bottle bubbles also look interesting. But I feel bad for all those big guys in that small tank.

*taken from Pinterest*
I’d say this is a pretty awful display even if it’s hidden off in their bedroom from the looks of it.
685A5430-A1F8-4A66-847B-07404A24FC82.jpeg

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
I like the black gar. I’ve never seen one before. The glass bottle bubbles also look interesting. But I feel bad for all those big guys in that small tank.

*taken from Pinterest*
I’d say this is a pretty awful display even if it’s hidden off in their bedroom from the looks of it.
View attachment 1355886

Wait, what? Is that first tank a feeding tank??? The Oscars and Gar kept chasing those silver fish...O grabs one first then the black gar gulps one down. Bottles and logs...I love bad taste that's in your face. :clap

Balistik928

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2019
Lancaster, PA

*taken from Pinterest*
View attachment 1355886
What type of cichlid is that and what does it have? That fish looks so sad

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
What type of cichlid is that and what does it have? That fish looks so sad
I think Hendre is right.
The picture looks slightly deceiving if you don’t look close. The fish has a normal tail. There is a sideways heater behind him that makes it look like he has a long thin tail.
The picture is a screen grab of a video. The fish was jumping and splashing at the cat.
Just horribly sad to keep it in the equivalent of a glass bucket with a cat harassing it for laughs-_-

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I think its one of those Fader flowerhorns...they do a "peel" and color shift like the Midas.
Never really heard much about that. So the colour shifts over time?

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Never really heard much about that. So the colour shifts over time?
Yeah, to me they're actually a blander looking flowerhorn when they finish changing color. Look like a poor man's red devil but you can tell the diff by body shape and eyes. Earlier phase they'll have some black blotches like the one in the pic.

Reactions: Hendre

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan

*taken from Pinterest*
View attachment 1355886
This unfortunately is very often seen in Taiwan.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store