Dwarf American Cichlid Set Up

RealCrix220

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
I’ve got a dwarf cichlid set up which currently hoses a 2 German blue rams, 3 ballon blue rams, 2 gold rams, 2 angles and 4 very small Corys almond with my blue and green phantoms.

I’m well into the American cichlids and very into rare stuff, because I moved I have to close down my 8foot which was my large American cichlid set up ( hooding to have this back up and running within the next year again )

has anyone gor any ideas for me

Reactions: tlindsey

RealCrix220

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
I quite like the black tetra or black widow tetra as some people class them.

RealCrix220

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
180 liters, or 47 US gallons; to me, you are fully stocked as far as cichlids go in a tank that size. But, tetras and non-cichlids which they won't see as competition, would be fine additions.
I thought I may have been able to slip another 1 or 2 in but appreciate others thoughts

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Yeah those black skirts are nice, would be fine to add some imo. Lots of tetra species out there, any of the small-medium species should be OK. I think with 9 cichlids in the 180l, you are already pushing it as far as territory for the cichlids goes, if you get breeding pairs you may have issues and actually need to remove some instead of add. But these are pretty mellow cichlids, so you may be OK at your current level.

RealCrix220

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
2 of my RAMS did start clearing a corner out, well the male started pushing all the sand up with his tail getting it ready for fry while the female cleaned off a stone. I watched them for a good 5 days but they give up and nothing come of it but the tank it’s self are surprisingly calm

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store